Thursday, July 28, 2011

up close and personal

Sooo... we underestimated the amount of floorboards we needed for the red floor by about 6 pieces.  Guess what I did at 10 last night and 6 am this morning?  Sanded, painted, and distressed those babies.  Yep, that makes a grand total of 88 pieces.  Just for the RED floor, let's not count the white floor.  But I am done painting, and I have seen most of the red floor installed (minus the shorted pieces), and it's AWESOME!  I will take pictures today, my phone was dead and my regular point and shoot camera was MIA when I was at the house :)  WHILE I was sanding at 6 am, I thought I would give you a closer look at the floors (full tutorial coming).  I wanted a really distressed look in this room.  You don't have to distress them at all, or you could lightly distress the edges (like I did in the white room). 
(above) not distressed
(above) edges distressed
(above) heavily distressed (I did the whole red floor like this)

And because I get impatient (and my kids have the stomache flu so I am stuck at home and unable to go take a real photo at the house) here is a photo the hubs texted me of the flooring installed.  This is before glazing and sealing (and ignore all of the drywall dust), but it's just fabulous!  And best of all, Little Man LOVES his new bedroom floor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments and ideas! Come back and play in the Crap Room anytime!