Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm FLOORED

(pun intended) at how the office flooring turned out! My husband is amazing! He did the flooring for our entire main floor in this gorgeous rustic quartersawn oak (with planks varying in width from 4-6 inches). I LOVE the look of this flooring, it has the look and feel of an old country store.  My favorite part is that it has no shine to the finish (won't show every little speck of dirt and smudge on it), and it naturally has flaws in it, so the dents and scuffs that my kids add to it will just blend it (I took my stained sample home and hacked at it with steak knives, just to see what it will look like after my kids live on it, and it still looked great!).  Anyway, Big Daddy has never done hardwood before, and I am seriously impressed with his skills! When he got to the office, we decided it would be fun to change it up a bit with a fun pattern, and this is how it turned out. I. Am. In. LOVE.

PS - excuse the pathetic phone photo, believe me, the picture doesn't do it justice, in person it's even more amazing!)

2 comments:

  1. Yowza! That is seriously gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, this floor reminds me of Vanessa Williams's dining room floor in her carriage house in New York. Hahaha, I know, random. It was in an architectural magazine in like 2008? that I bought in an airport because I thought it was so pretty! So there. Thought you should know that you and Vanessa Williams have exceptional taste lol. And Matt of course has exceptional skills :). Now when do we get to have a girls night "in" and see your beautiful home??? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments and ideas! Come back and play in the Crap Room anytime!