Thursday, July 14, 2011

If you need me, I'll be here...

Yeah, lovely photo of me, I know.


I will be busy for awhile, painting all of these (this is only half of the white ones, then I have to start all over again and do the red ones). Oh so fun. Painting away in 100 degree heat (because I can only do it while the baby naps at 2 in the afternoon) in an undisclosed location... shhhh... I don't think I'm supposed to paint in here (don't worry, the door is open while I paint), but the garage is full of stuff and I don't have anywhere else to do it, and the POD hasn't been loaded yet :)

My support crew :)

My weapon of choice. After Sandy and I sanded down the fronts and edges of each. and. every. board. Over 100 total. I paint and sand each. and. every. board. with a 2 inch craft brush (supposedly you get the best finish with the craft brush...). After each coat I sand each board, then repeat 3 times. Then distress them after it's all done and dry.

I used this paint in Snow White for the white boards, and I will use Brick Red for the other set. Photos of that to come (when I get to them :). I am doing painted wood floors in Miss Priss and the Little Man's rooms, something like this, but no pattern, just distressed painted boards. After they are installed I will seal them with floor sealant, and it should be awesome. You'll see (I HOPE!). Until then, if you need me, I'll be in the POD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments and ideas! Come back and play in the Crap Room anytime!