Tuesday, July 26, 2011

red DISTRESSED (as in REALLY distressed) painted wood floors

are ready to be installed!  Here they are, all lined up and ready to be loaded (all. 82. freaking. pieces.).  I am pretty sure I have like 10 lbs of red sawdust in my lungs.  Just sayin.  But enough whining, they are done. 
They look kind-of pinkish mauve here, but they are red in person :)

I am going to distress them with glazing after they are installed (I want the glaze to sink into all of the crevices between the planks, making them very cool and distressed looking).  The top of the this board is glazed, middle is just sealed with poly, bottom is just raw sanded.  It was my test board, I wanted to make sure I liked my finished product before I put it on the floor.  And guess what?  I LOOOOVVVVE it!

1 comment:

  1. I lOVE!! your posts it is so fun to follow along with you and these great/amazing projects!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments and ideas! Come back and play in the Crap Room anytime!